4/16/09

Registration

I just registered for Fall 2009 semester. Granted I have to wait until the 22nd to add 1 more class because the department won't give me the class schedule until after the orientation meeting. It is so liberating. I am taking an online course as well. I decided that a general shouldn't make me go to class at a structured time. I have done 1 other online course and it wasn't too bad. It was meteorology at ISU. I got an A. This is going to be "Introduction to the Visual Arts of Theater". It shouldn't be too bad. I like optical illusions and this class is about all that. I have to take 1 class that is going to be a thorn in my side for my student teaching. It is Linguistics 5812...Content area instruction. I just hope it does more than the other classes teaching me how to develop lessons.

That is the most intimidating part of even considering teaching for 1 year after graduation. If I do get a job the entire summer is going to be doing lesson planning. That is most likely going to happen. We will see a year from now when I am part of the job market. We have to get out of our student loan debt somehow. Me working for 1 year would get us out of debt completely (his loans and mine) and have a good savings account for a down payment on a house. Being grown up sucks sometimes. Other times it is good.

So in October I apply for graduation and November I schedule my last semester. In December I take 2 more standardized exams to become licensed. January I start taking over a class for a few weeks and 1 year from now I wear my cap and gown and walk across a stage.

No comments: