1/21/12

My diaper stash

I have 2 sub brands of BumGenius cloth diapers.  I have 2 Flip system diapers and 6 Econobums.  I also have a Blueberry pocket and 6 Sunbaby diapers.  I bought 24 Chinese prefolds to use with the Econobums.  The Flip system came with 3 inserts each making 6 inserts from that and I also have 6 Sunbaby inserts and one Blueberry insert.  I have found that I did NOT like the Flip inserts in the Flip diapers.  They were good, but the prefolds just worked better, so I started to use the prefolds for the Econobums and the Flip diapers. My first use of the Blueberry diaper made me more than disappointed.  I hated the insert.  It didn't hold anything and it made me mad.  The Sunbaby diapers were somewhat of a disappointment.  Since they are a pocket diaper and not just a prefold and cover the inside fabric seemed to wick wetness to the outside of the diaper instead of keeping it all in.  Well, I started to think about what I had and decided to put the Flip insert inside the Sunbaby diapers.  It worked much better! With all of the Sunbaby inserts out of commission, I decided to try doubling up on the Blueberry inserts with the one it came with and a Sunbaby insert.  Much better.  I am now happy with all of my diapers.  The Flip system is used for overnight (never had a leak!).  Sunbaby diapers and the Blueberry are for regular day use and the Econobums are used for naps and the morning diaper after her night feeding. With the diapers I have, I wash diapers once every 3 days.  For the future, I think I would get a couple more Flip diaper covers.  They do have potty trainer Flip diapers that I plan on getting for Marsi since they can be put on like regular panties.  I am so glad that I decided on cloth diapers.  She has only ever had a blowout with cloth ONE TIME ever!  I would recommend them to anyone.  My last little piece of random wisdom is that if you don't want cloth diapers to stink to high heaven, don't use regular detergent.  Use one that is free of almost everything.  I am going to try this recipe when I am done with my free and clear laundry detergent I am using now. Don't use softeners. Don't use bleach. Rinse all poopy diapers right after changing the baby and keep used diapers in an OPEN container. Random post, but I had to share.

1 comment:

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

You crack me up! I thought you were going to have pictures. Not knowing what you are talking about, I can't picture it. The recipe...really...just one Tablespoon? Wow, that is great! Did I ever tell you that I potty trained you at 18 months? You were the end, I wanted to be rid of diapers...FOREVER! I figured if you weren't ready, I would give up, but you did really well. I was well trained for a couple of months, then you caught on!